Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting lost in the shuffle...

Though the TH Library Project has been moving at a steady pace, there have been a number of twists, turns, dive, and additions made to the overall goal of the finished product. Every time I think I am satisfied with the outcome of a specific task or portion of the project, someone provides valuable input or offers a helpful suggestion or idea that would make the project that much more worthwhile. This week it has been very challenging for me to center my thoughts, and cultivate those ideas so that they can be successfully executed. I'm finding that though it was OK to complete my work "off the cuff" in the beginning, it will be to my benefit to begin keeping a daily task manager set up so that I can monitor what progress I'm making, and to be able to assess the time spent on certain stages of the project.

When I think about it, it makes me realize that when taking on big projects or trying to achieve goals, sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own eagerness and excitement that I loose track of the significance of all of my hard work. At this stage of my project, it is important to keep my focus and continue to work toward the end goal so that all the progress made thus far is not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment